Grogan’s Point Vacation Watches are part of the Montgomery County Constable Precinct 3 Vacation Watch Program and are coordinated with the Constables patrolling Grogan’s Point.
Signing up for vacation watch
- Sign up online HERE
Who performs the vacation watches?
- Deputies who work Grogan’s Point
How often are vacation watches performed?
- Every shift a Precinct 3 deputy is working in the neighborhood
What activities are performed during a vacation watch?
- Deputies walk the accessible (unlocked / open) areas of the property.
- Doors, vehicles, garages, etc. are checked to ensure everything appears secure.
- Person(s) on the property are approached to confirm they are authorized to be there.
- Frequently pick up newspapers and packages left at the entrance, so they are not visible to the public. This prevents package theft and shows that the house is being monitored.
What communication is provided?
- An automated confirmation email is generated by the computer system when a watch is completed, if the homeowner has requested to receive email updates. call to the phone number(s) provided by the resident if the officer finds an issue with the home (broken window, burglary, or anything that is considered suspicious.)
- The officer will contact all the phone numbers provided by the resident to relay the information.
If a criminal incident has occurred:
- The officer will make a report and stay in contact with the resident. The case will be assigned to our Criminal Investigation Division for investigation.
What if I forget something or have a concern?
- If you forget something on the Vacation Watch form, your plans change, or you have a concern while the Vacation Watch is active. Contact the Precinct 3 Constable’s Office at (281)364-4211 or (936)539-7813.
- If you cannot contact the Constable’s Office, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the GPRA Security Committee will forward the information.
- Please be aware there may be a delay of up to 24 hours before the information is forwarded.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OR PRINT THIS INFO