The GPRA Security Program was established in 1996 and is subsidized entirely by Grogan’s Point residents who join and pay annual Security membership dues. It is an important neighborhood asset providing dedicated patrol hours and security equipment to increase safety within Grogan’s Point.
WHAT THE PROGRAM PROVIDES
- Dedicated off-duty Montgomery County Constables in marked patrol vehicles (scheduled based on available funding), as a visible police presence and to enforce traffic and criminal laws.
- SEE HOW DAILY PATROLS ARE DONE HERE
- Coordination on Constable Vacation Watch requests
- Security equipment, including cameras at the entrance to Grogan’s Point, and Speed Signs
- Specific Security Newsletter and Email alerts
- Read Security Myth Busters for important facts about the value of our neighborhood security program
- Dues are $300 annually (January 1 – December 31), which primarily funds patrol hours
- Residents may donate additional funds for equipment and maintenance expenses
- PAY DUES HERE
WHO COORDINATES THE PROGRAM
- A GPRA Security Liaison coordinates patrol hours with the Constable Office’s assigned liaison, currently Sergeant Adam Acosta
VACATION WATCH (SIGN UP ONLINE HERE)
- A Constable will check your home while you are away on short-term vacations (two weeks), per their policy
- You have an option to receive updates via text or email
- If you forget something on your form, change plans or have special concern, call the Constable’s Office at (281)364-4211 or (936)539-7813
- You can provide feedback on the Constable’s Vacation Watch program by emailing email@example.com. That information will be provided to the Constable Coordinator
- A detailed description of how Vacation Watches are done is located under the "Security" tab
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office offers a separate Vacation Watch program, which is NOT coordinated with the GPRA Security Program. Click Here for their forms.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR ASSISTANCE
Our Security Committee Volunteers have no authority to patrol or investigate incidents
- FOR EMERGENCIES, CALL 9-1-1
- For non-emergencies, call the Sheriff’s Office at (936)760-5800
- For administrative or general questions, or to request special patrols, email the GPRA Security Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPECTED RESPONSE TIME FOR REQUESTS
Security volunteers check email daily and try to respond as quickly as possible or provide an expected response time in the event of a delay.
If You See Something, Say Something: Emergency 9-1-1; Non-Emergency (936)760-5800